Friday, January 4, 2019

31 Days To Self Love: Day 4


original challenge: Blessing Manifesting

Ashlee, you are beautiful.

It's been said to me before. Know what my first thought is? Either 1. They like red hair. 2. They are being nice.

It's weird. My whole life I've been told what beautiful hair I have, it's been a type of identity for me. I'm the rare unicorn of red hair and blue eyes. Whenever anyone compliments my looks I immediately assume they simply mean my red locks. And don't get me wrong --- I love them too! (It's been a long time coming to truly love them -- as an adolescence I detested being different)

But I never truly believe someone thinks I'm beautiful. I can mentally note the many reasons why I feel I am not. But I know that isn't the reason for these 31 daily prompts.

I notice beautiful people in the world, both in the physical and spiritual sense, and I definitely notice that there is a difference between those people and myself. I hope one day I can accept the compliment with full belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment