Wednesday, January 2, 2019

31 Days To Self Love: Day 2

original challenge here: Blessing Manifesting


Writing. That's easy.

I love writing. I love reading with others have written. I love speaking out loud what others have written. I love the feeling I get when I nail the perfect line of a poem, or a starting phrase of an essay. I imagine what a book I write would look like.  I can see my name on the cover. Usually it's a book of poems/songs/thoughts.

But i lack belief. I have the imagination, yes. But I lack the belief that I actually have talent to do such things. Sure I could self publish a book just to say I wrote a book, but that doesn't mean I have an ounce of talent.

I wonder if I ever was published, if i still would doubt my talent? Is this a self confidence issue and not a talent issue at all?

I rarely share my work with others. If I do, it's a very very closed circle of friends.

So i guess my limiting belief would be my talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment