Tuesday, January 29, 2019

31 Days To Self Love: Day 26

original challenge: Blessing Manifesting





My shadow self? I've never heard that term before, but I imagine it's the part of me hidden in the shadows -- the parts of me I don't share with the world --- and am slow to show to even those closest to me.

The shadow Ashlee.

She has a lot of ideas floating through her head. She thinks about things constantly, and even to her closest circle shares only a few. She loves nothing more than to sit face to face with someone and talk. Not about the weather, but about what is weathering her. She loves to get deep, unpopular, intimate, awkward, and complex.

The parts of her I'm ashamed of?

That's easy. The hiding of all those parts. That I don't give people the chance to know her.

that's what I'm most ashamed of.  I'm ashamed of being ashamed of who I am.

That's what I want most. To be me. Unapologetically. And see what happens. See how my life can transform. See how those who love me -- how they adjust. To be surprised by those who love the shadowy bits and hurt by those who can't appreciate her.

No comments:

Post a Comment